Talking travel and literature at Eight Diagrams
- How the travel experience was different during my first vagabonding journey in 1994.
- Why I went to Korea to teach English at age 26.
- How I didn’t read much travel writing until I become a travel writer.
- Why the Bible is among my literary-philosophical influences.
- How the Internet has exponentially enhanced my writing career.
- Why places that are saddled with reductive stereotypes (like Kansas or the Middle East) are great places to visit.
- How I got into the full-time freelance travel writing business without a single elite-college credential or publishing-insider connection.
- Why my home-base is in Kansas, even as I travel to the more exotic corners of the world.
…and much, much more. Yang’s full Rolf interview is online here.