Special November 2012 fares for multi-stop tickets on BootsnAll
We’ve written about the Round the World Ticket Report on Vagablogging before – once back in March when we published the first version, and then again in June when we published version 2. One thing we like to do at BootsnAll is to continue learning about the trends in long-term, round the world travel, so the minute we finished version 2 in June we began working on the next installment, which just went live a couple days ago.
Version 2.1 is actually an addendum to June’s report. We knew since we started doing research on round the world flights vs. buy as you go that there was a flaw when searching the DIY (do it yourself) one-way ticket option. The way we searched the one-way flights was to simply search each leg, which we did over the course of a day or two. But this didn’t accurately portray what this option would actually cost a traveler who was on the road.
For those travelers who choose this option of traveling around the world, they do so to have the ultimate flexibility, so they are most likely not going to be searching and buying their tickets up front as we searched. For this version we tried to simulate this flight option by pricing flights on the original search date back in April 2012, then again 6 weeks, 1 month, 2 weeks, and each day the final week prior to the flight. There are trends that developed, and all results can be found in this new version of the report, added at the end as an addendum to version 2.
Download the free Around the World Airfare Report to read about our findings.
If you are ready to hit the road, then check out these five fares that we’ve found on Indie, BootsnAll’s Multi-Stop Trip Planner:
- RTW from San Francisco – $4582 – San Francisco > Sydney > Denpasar (Bali) > Kuala Lumpur >overland> Bangkok > Delhi > Istanbul > Athens > Rome > San Francisco – $4582 taxes and fees included
- Circle Pacific from Canada – $3551 – Vancouver > Anchorage > Tokyo > Hanoi >overland> Bangkok > Auckland > Vancouver from $3551 taxes and fees included
- Circumnavigate the Globe from London – $3549 – London > Amman > Bangkok > Tokyo > Seattle >overland> Los Angeles > London from $3549 taxes and fees included
- After Summer Escape from Sydney – $3394 – Sydney > Manila > Seoul > Cape Town > Sydney from $3394taxes and fees included
- Round Asia from Cairo – $2499 – Cairo > Goa >overland> Mumbai > Delhi > Kathmandu > Bangkok >overland> Phom Penh > Vientiane >overland> Hanoi > Guilin > Cairo from $2499 taxes and fees included
If you are looking for something a little different in your round the world trip, then start planning your trip of a lifetime with our RTW trip planner And don’t forget to sign up for BootsnAll’s RTW newsletter, delivering special deals, RTW trip planning advice, and resources via email every single month. We also have a Facebook fan page and Twitter page, so be sure to like and follow those to keep up to date on all your RTW travel needs.